Thursday, December 27, 2012
Have you ever wished that the one that was gone was still here?
What about wondering if the one that was still here....wasn't?
How would things be different?
....I still miss her. Crazy- certifiably crazy-as she was....she kept Christmas together.
She had her problems...ones that I've seemed to inherited...but family was where it was at for her.
And for me.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Pretty cool speech. My hope for you boys is that you find something you love to do, find someone you love to share it with and remember that as you go through life…there will be disappointments and struggles, but everything happens for a reason.
Love you both!
Thursday, August 11, 2011
|Beaver Age 5|
|Beaver Age 17|
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Sometimes I still like the anonymity from the blog. And on the Fbook, they know it's you. Of course many of you also "know" me on Fbook, because you are my "friend" on there too! There's no hiding! And really, I don't want to hide. Every now and then I'd like to be able to do or say something without one of my friends...or coworkers...or family knowing. You know....just cut loose without worrying what someone is going to think.
So, I'm back. For awhile anyway. It's been an awesome 6 months. In a nutshell....here's a sorta "Top Ten Things That June's Done" ***drumroll please***
- Met her 21 year old nephew for the very first time! (That's a whole post all on it's own and she will fill you in later!)
- Flew half way around the world* to visit her sister in Italy and saw the Vatican. Saw the beginning of mass at the Vatican, sung in Latin, and it brought tears to her eyes.
- Learned to make pasta, from the sister that she flew half way around the world* to see.
- Got her tubes tied. She knows - not that exciting for you. But for her? It's awesome. 41 years old and no longer on the pill. Big whoot-whoot!
- Lost 12 lbs. Due to #4. Finally getting off that damn pill has helped. She thinks. She's hoping. (That's also whole 'nother post)
- Finally came to the realization that life isn't perfect and you will never MAKE it perfect. No matter how hard you try. And it only took 41 years to learn this and to let go of whole boatload of frustration. Still working on dealing with the "imperfections", but smiling a lot more about them. And she didn't pay for therapy to figure this out. At least not in the sense of "come sit on my couch and tell me your story". Turns out wine therapy is very good for self revelation. Who knew? Yea, sure she's a wine lush. But now, since #2 happened, she's a classier lush...and only drinks from a bottle. WITH A CORK, no less. La-ti-da!
- Saw her nephews (not the same one mentioned in #1) for the first time since her mother died. That's been 8 years. A very long 8 years. Never, ever, ever thought she would see them again.
- Found out that the Chief that the city council and mayor hired over Ward, didn't last a year. That brought a smile to her face as she realized they were in a much better place. Ward's bringing home a nice paycheck from a job that he absolutely loves and collecting a nice retirement check - and no longer has any of the political bullshit to deal with. It brought a REALLY big smile to her face.
- She's getting a pool installed. She'll let that one sink in for awhile, and come back to that. It still hasn't sunken in with her. (Ooo her skills with the English language are quite impressive. No?)
- Took Beaver to get his senior pictures. Yes, he's a senior this year. She's going to need lots of wine therapy in the coming months. Let's face it, even after all these things have happened, we're still talking about June here. The lady that likes to trip the light fantastic and waiver a lil too close to the edge!
PS I only make reference to flying half way around the world to see my sister, because they are now stateside. And the little twit had the nerve to go and see her in-laws....and didn't come to see me. So, I'm giving her shit! Ev-e-ry.chance.I.get!!!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
50 days people!
50 days until I leave for Italy!
I'm a little excited. Can't you tell? Now I just need to lose about 20 lbs so I can eat all of the pasta I want and still fit in one airplane seat on the way home!
Pass a glass, people! And not out of the wine box. Nope! Momma wants the stuff with a cork in it!
PS OMG I can't freaking believe I am going to Italy!!! Just can't believe it. Won't actually believe it until I land in Venice. VENICE people!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
They have been jackhammering.......constantly.......outside of my office for the last two days.
I have THIS and still have not been able to get in to see the orthopedic doctor.
I went to have a deep tissue massage to try and alleviate the pain from THIS...since the pain meds offer no relief ...until I can get in to see the orthopedic.
The massage did not help.
I can still hear jackhammering.
And now the pain has been magnified to the umpteenth level.
I think I will truly lose it this time.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
We'd wait for her to get in the shower in the morning....and then move over to her side of the bed. And RELAX! Good gravy train that woman can toss and turn at night! It's hard for us to get a good night's sleep.
And now? Now? She put a tree in the living room! We know! We told you she's losing it. Not only that.....she put flashing lights all over the thing and hung toys from it that we aren't supposed to play with! Can you believe it? She also put shiny ribbons all over boxes and do you know what else? She absolutely l-o-s-e-s it when we drag one little box through the dog door and play with it in the yard! Hello? It's in our territory - the floor! It's not like we jumped up on the counter and swiped it. She's also talking under her breath - a lot! Muttering something about Marley. Who the heck is Marley?
But this? This is the last straw, PepperAnn! WTH? WTH? Who does this? Oh my Dawg, this is so embarrassing!
And of course, she did this to the Queen Bee herself! Not so funny now, is it, precious? We saw you smirking at us!
Bahahahawahhaaaaa! You look ridiculous!
Please PepperAnn, we beg you! Come and save us! We can not take much more of this nonsense!
Puhlease!!!!! Help! Only you can save us!