Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Being Married to June

18 years of marriage. I've officially been married to Ward for 18 whole years. I was going to go all mushy over Ward, kinda like I did last year, but decided it was time for him to go all gushy over me. You know, since it's my blog and all. I suspect, that if you ask Ward what this past 18 years has been like, this is what he would say:

Don't get her pregnant. She'll put you in a headlock! When she was in labor with Wally, she whispered something to me but I couldn't hear her. As I bent closer to see what she needed, she put me in a headlock. Through clenched teeth she told me if I ever did this to her again, she would kill me!

She believes there are still wild cows out there. Don't laugh. She honestly believes this. We were traveling one time and she made the remark "Look Ward, there's wild cows over there." She thought that since there were no barns or a house around, the cows were wild. "You really think all of the cows have been captured", she told me! She still thinks this. And there's no convincing her otherwise.

She spends 90% of her mornings, ass-end up, digging for matching shoes at the bottom of her closet. Organization is not one of her strong suites.

There was a time when, if you ticked her off, she would go days without talking to you - or even looking at you. I think she learned this tactic from her mother. Thank God she doesn't do that anymore.

Why have I stayed married to her for 18 years? Well, she's cheaper than getting a nanny or a housekeeper. Even though she isn't organized, she keeps the rest of us on track. She buys at least 14 of the same item - always forgetting she has the same thing at home already. Have you seen our pantry? But she's a pretty decent cook! She's great at washing and drying our clothes. Not so great at folding and putting them away, but she tries. She does dust, but doesn't like to move anything when she dusts. She uses a sort of "dust around" technique. And she sort of does this snorting thing when she laughs too hard. And well, I guess I sorta love her, too."

Ok, so Ward isn't the gushy type. But he loves me. I know he does. And really that's all that matters anyway. Right?

18 years......wowza!

13 comments:

Jane! said...

You dust? Well, no wonder he loves you.
Happy Anny, Junie. I hope you make it another 18 years.

Tracie said...

Ya know, if he actually said those nice things about you, he's going to expect S E X for saying them.

Happy 18th!

Dory said...

Congratulations!

Shana said...

Congratulations

Jeankfl said...

Personally I think he might be a little nicer.. cause I know he must like your cooking! LOL Happy Anniversary, Junie.. Hope you stick with him for a long while.. no sense trainin' a new one!!
hugs,
Jean

Kat said...

Happy Anniversary sweetie! The cow thing - I don't even know what to say - you have actually rendered me speechless...

Kat said...

Sweetums, come visit me and I will show the ways of a true Diva...

Becca said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Lucky wife said...

Thank God for swiffer, huh? Then you don't have to move anything! As for the WILD cows, Is that how Mad Cow dieses showed up... eating out of dumpsters and stuff? I wish a wild one would wander into my yard, I'd build a fence around him and feed my family for the year.

Becca said...

Yes I love playing Cribbage! Why do you ask? Wanna play? :-)

Shannon said...

Congratulations June! :)

Shana said...

Hey! Just wanted to check it out over here to see if I like it or not!!
Yeah, Marissa is a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Ok going to try this one more time. Happy Anniversary, sorry I missed it. He better love you or I'll kick his butt, sorry I've been in this butt kicking mood since I had my fight with H*ellmart. Also Happy Halloween. Hugs, Pat