Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Having a "senior moment".....

Usually, a senior moment refers to someone forgetting something. Which would be the usual way to describe me. Always forgetting something. But this time, the senior moment is about my senior, Wally. I've been having a lot of senior moments lately. Usually they make me tear up. This week the "mothers" got together to come up with the tribute page for the yearbook. Yearbooks have changed since the last one that I was in was over, oh a couple of decades ago! My parents got off so easy. Now you don't just pay for your senior to have their photo taken and then put in the yearbook, now you also have to purchase a page, or part of one, to "honor" them. If you don't do this, I think they paint your name on the bathroom stall and call you a slut or something. Like the yearbooks, this may have changed as well. Maybe "slut" isn't what they use anymore. But anyway, June Cleaver is not going to have her name painted all over the bathroom stalls. I'm getting that "Mother of the Year" award dammit! So.....Sunday night the "mothers" got together to do our tribute page. Lots of looking back through old photos. Trying to find the right words to tell our boys how much they mean to us. Lots of "where has the time gone". Lots of senior moments. And beer. Which made the senior moments seem even more tearier (If that's a word. If not, it's my blog, so get over it).

So, here's the objects of our senior moments. These eight boys have been friends for years. In addition to honoring them individually, we got together to do a whole page to them. (Whoever said "Kids are priceless" never had a senior. They are quite pricey!) I know I am a little biased, but they are the best kids. Smart, funny, talented, hardworking, respectful, handsome - you name it, and these kids got it!
(click the photo to see it full size)








(Did you click the photo? You really should. Trust me, to get the full effect of how awesome these kids are you need to see them in the "big" picture!)

9 comments:

Jane! said...

Mwahaha. Sucked you over, did we? I'm working on Kat, at this very moment.
I guess my name is on a bathroom wall somewhere because I believed Homer when he said he was going to take care of Alpha's yearbook tribute. Hahaha! I guess I was smoking something that day. Well, he forgot. Now I am not sure how to handle the next one... because it is all about nothing but FAIR.
Sorry, you don't need to hear my troubles. But I am glad I have a year in between seniors so I can save up for the next one.

Jane! said...

Blogger doesn't have a built in state counter. I use this one:
http://www.statcounter.com/
or check out the one Shanna has:
http://somanysmiles.blogspot.com/
There is everything from simple to complex, depending on how much info you need to satisfy your nosy.

Jane! said...

Okay, that should be STAT counter.

Jenn said...

I can't believe you left us! :-( I'll have to update now and add you to my bloglist...bugger.

Erin said...

Ohhh, he looks so gorgeous!!And by the way, spinach dip and green bean casserole are so "out"...I don't care what your small town friends say.
Cute page too!

Kat said...

Geez - the frickin pressure - senior pages and moving over here. Dang it June, you were my last hold out!

Erin said...

Okay, I didn't mean the "small town friends" thing. I love your small town and your friends but not your spinach dip or green bean casserole!

Becca said...

Boy they grow up so very fast don't they! And you jumped ship and joined the cool kids over here! Yay!

Tracie said...

1) It's about damn time!

2) That is an awesome looking group of boys. I'm SO not showing Tink those pics!

3) They do that buy a page for your senior thing here too, and I think the in word these day is whore not slut. So i'm told

4) I don't know anything about your spinch dip or green been cassarole-but i'm not eating either~