Thursday, November 6, 2008

Excuse me?

I went to the gynecologist today. Yay me! What a fun time that was! I need to remember that the next time I have to choose a new OB/GYN to pick one that I can understand, rather than just looks "cute" in his picture. Shallow, I know. And my shallowness got me a lot of, "Hmm?" , "I'm sorry. What did you just say?" & "Come again?". (Did I mention he was really cute?) Since I was a new patient to him, he had to ask me all kinds of questions and his accent was a little thicker than Ricky Ricardo's - so I had some trouble understanding him. "Do you perform monthly breast exams" came out as "Do jew sheck jew breastses ebery munt?" And then I think he asked me something about hypertension, but I'm not too sure. I just smiled and nodded. (On a really good note, by blood pressure was only 112/72 - the lowest it has ever been!)

Anyway......done for another year. Of course as I was leaving, the nurse told me, "Since you'll be 40 next year (in an irritating sing-song voice), we won't need to order a mammogram until then." OH JOY! Maybe you would like to announce it over the intercom, "The lady walking through the lobby will be 40 next year and then in addition to doing the stirrup hike she also gets to do the booby smash!"

Sometimes it sucks to be a woman.......

6 comments:

Kat said...

Oh GOODY you get to join the booby smashing group next year, just one more achievement for you! Congrats!

Jenn said...

I picked my gyno by name--in my search for a woman after I moved. I picked "Shannon." Go figure...Shannon's a he. But he's still a good doc. ;-)

Jane! said...

Yay! Everybody loves a good booby smash!
I'm slightly disturbed that you pick a good looking guy for that job. REally, what kind of a guy becomes a gyno, anyway. Seems like looking at them all day would kinda take the fun out of it.
Probably why I'm not a urologist.

Tracie said...

I had to go to my DR the other day and as he's flipping through my chart he says "Look's like you're overdue for your yearly female examine"
yea, that won't be happening till next year now cuz i'm outta cafeteria money.

Shana said...

Yeah, I must say that I don't like the stirrup postition. Especially after your feet are all settled and the doc says, "scoot your bum down a little, will you?" Hmmmmm Yuck

Jeankfl said...

Yeah...I usually say "could you say that just a little louder"?? LOL Glad you get to join us all next year!!LOL
hugs,
Jean