Friday, November 21, 2008

Tell me I'm not a bad mother.....

So, um, I have to make a scrapbook for Wally. Apparently every mother does one for their son for football. Don't start whipping out your pinking shears and shrieking how much fun this will be. Because I will slap you. Scrapbooking, to me, isn't "fun". I'm not the artsy-fartsy kinda girl. I just don't have it in me. I've seen these scrapbooks. They are well thought-out, well put together, touching tributes to your children. Complete with photos and quippy sayings and uplifting, appropriate comments. I'm not equipped to pick colors and coordinate this thing. I'm tellin' ya. This could get ugly. Even worse, it could turn out ugly and then, as usual, I'll lose that dang Mother of the Year award that I've been striving for - for almost 18 years! It will inevetibly cause a fight between Ward and I. "What do you mean you can't find his 4th grade football photos? What kind of a mother doesn't know where her kids pictures are at?" And once again, I'll be wondering who the hell made it the mother's duty to organize all of her children's keepsakes and why the hell I suck so badly at this.

So, I guess, by now, you're getting the fact that June doesn't like scrapbooking. And so, in true June fashion, I've procrastinated. I work better under pressure anyway. BUT, I opened the dang scrapbook, with the school mascot on it, that the booster club provided for us, and it has - get this - 20 pages! Holy crap. How am I gonna fill 20 pages???? Oh I think I'm gonna throw up.... And this is the point where I need your opinion, am I a bad mother if I take this book apart and take out, oh, I don't know, maybe 15 of the pages? I mean if I have to fill 20 pages, that's going to require me to tear my whole house apart looking for enough Wally memorabilia to fill those pages! I think I found a way to unhinge the thing and put it back together without making it look too mutilated. So what do you think? Hmm? Am I up for the most screwed up mother in the world award?

12 comments:

Lucky Wife said...

tear it apart, go right ahead... Wally and family would like 5 thoughtful pages vs 5 thoughtful pages and 15 Oh My Gosh, I don't care just glue something SOMEWHERE and write something! no no no Not Happy Birthday... Crippy, What is this anyways, pour another glass of wine, opps I spilled a little, does that red wine stain look like and embellishment to you?

PS: I was getting worried about you, it's been awhile since we heard from you!

Shana said...

I will be honest. I love scrapbooking. Marissa is 13 and I think i am on her 5th huge book!!
BUT
if you don't like it, then don't. Five pages is enough to get the jist of his football career. Cut out a football from a magazine to fill a page. The word FOOTBALL can fill a whole other page!!
Let me know if you need help, really!!

Tracie said...

Just give it up Junie! You know I'm in line for mother of the year! I've SO already got you beat!

But, I say go ahead and take out the pages you don't want. I would scapbook, but with all that leisure time I have it just doesn't get done. I'm 15 years behind with Tink's and 10 years behind with Boo's.

Becca said...

Go with how ever many pages you feel like doing but make those pages full of your heart. It matters not how many pages you have but the love you put into it. He will cherish it, you know that he will. And who said you had to be Martha Stewart anyway? Ugh.

Hugs,
Bec

Jane! said...

Don't let those freaks win, Junie! You can do it. It's not rocket science... especially when you force yourself to go to the scrapbookin' store and see all the stuff they have. It'll practically make itself. Print your pictures big. It will also be easier if you have some wine. But don't look through it the next day. Hehe. Good luck!

Kat said...

Sorry can't help you out of this one June. C1 still reminds me after almost 8 years that he was the ONLY one of his friends that didn't get a 'super cool' memorial scrap book for his high school gradution. Guess what - he didn't get one for his college graduation either... I did tell him where his 'box of shit' was located.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you can't find the picutes?? Don't you keep all the old photos in a suitcase???? What did your mother teach you? You could just fill it up with all of the pictures of the beautiful cakes you've made....you have pics of those don't you?

Erin said...

Hey, that was me! I'm not anonymous!

Pat's Adventures said...

You are not the world's worst mother. I have all the scrap booking stuff but do I use it No!! Someone told me it was fun and like a fool I believed them. I'm with you take out a few pages.
My other reason is I wanted to wish one of the sweetest people I know here on spaces a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day and if you are traveling be safe. Hugs, Pat

Pat's Adventures said...

Did I say spaces. see how goofy I am I don't even know where I am? Hugs, Pat I think?

Tracie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Junie!

Hope you got that scrapbook done!

LOL HAHAHAHAHA

Becca said...

Happy Thanksgiving!