Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ta-da

Well, I guess I can see that none of you wanted to win this beautiful shirt and that all you're really concerned about is the scrapbook. I guess I shouldn't say that none of you wanted to be my new BFF, actually the thought of Tracie offering me her maxed out credit card brought a tear to my eye. I mean everybody else was all, "So what about the scrapbook?" and Tracie was all, "Here take my credit card" - that people, is a true friend. So Tracie, just as soon as I get through Christmas and sell a dadgummed house, I'm gonna really order this shirt and send it to you. Someday sister, this shirt will be yours! Wear it proudly!

tshirt

And yes, Shana, I did design this myself! I know, I know. I am sooooo artsy-fartsy, aren't I?

As for the rest of you.......here it is:

The scrapbook of 2008:

PICT0024

Ok, I'm kidding. This is what got my creative juices flowing. And flow they did. By now, you may be getting the impression that I'm a bit of a wine lush. Really, I'm not. I'm sure if I could afford therapy, there's a really good Freudian reason as to why I feel the need to mention wine in every post that I do. I mean it's not like I drink it E.V.E.R.Y day, you know. Ok, just so we're clear on things. Here's the book that almost pushed June into a straight jacket......

I know! Again with the wine, June? Sorry, this is the last reference I will make to wine in this post. Ok? Did I mention my husband just logged on to our checking account and found out how bad the recession has hit us? Tonight should be filled with hours of fun discussion.

Anyway.......

Yes, 15 pages people! Gluing, stickering, shading, feathering and yes, I even used some of them fancy scissors. I went a little overboard with those, but I did it! Oh, and I even used photoshop!! Wally's eyes were closed in one of the pics with his cousin. So I copied a pair of open eyes into the pic and voila! And I had an ace up my sleeve! While all of the other mothers had their fake smiles plastered on their faces, "Oh wow, you did a great job!" - all the while I knew they were thinking their books were so much better than mine. But, lo and behold, Wally's scrapbook had something that no other scrapbook had. Both of Wally's coaches wrote personal letters to him. When I was in my panic about how I was going to fill all of these pages, I thought if I could get his coaches to write a letter it would take up two pages!! Sa-weet! And they agreed to do it. Of course, next year, ev.er.y.one will have a coaches letter. But Wally was the first! Take that all you queens of craftiness!

Here's what they said:

Wally,

Just wanted to write and say thanks for just being YOU. I so much appreciate your positive attitude every day—all the time. You are truly a pleasure to be around. I also want to say that I know things did not work out exactly the way you wanted but sometimes we learn much more through adversity; moreover, it is those tough times that leadership is most important. You provided much in that regard. You are a blessed young man—this is true. But what I most love about you is that you give others blessings and ask nothing in return. Unselfishness is difficult to find in today’s society—never change. Take Care, God Bless and Be an 11.

Coach A.

(Wally's jersey number was "11")

Wally,

Well buddy it sure has been a fun year. I am very glad I got to coach you this past football season. You’re the kind of kid that everyone wishes they had. Good attitude, never complain, do as we say, and takes ups and downs with the right attitude. Wally, football is a lot like life, ups and downs…………..the way you handle them shows what kind of person you will be in life. I really hope you learned some football from me this year. Most important I hope you learned a little bit about life while playing football. Again Wally, I wish every kid was like you. You are what makes me say “I’M PROUD TO BE A CAVEMAN COACH.” Good luck in everything you do and I know you will be very successful in life……………………

Coach Lopez

So there you have it. You all can breathe a collective sigh of relief. June pulled it off!

14 comments:

Becca said...

Great job! I knew that you could do it! And it came out wonderful!

Shana said...

The scrapbook is great !!!
And I really do love the t-shirt.
I think your creativeness has been awakened!!!!!!!!!

Pat said...

Maybe thats what I need to do so I can get into scrap booking, oh yeah pour a glass of wine??? You did a great job and I knew all along that you would do a great job. All the things you do is first class. Ok , Christmas shopping done yet? Ok I'll stop, take care, Hugs, Pat

Jeankfl said...

I had no doubts! I knew you'd pull it out of the fire, and do a wonderful job! You always do!

Vodka Mom said...

That was very, very, very cool! Get your ass over here and do all my stuff for me!!!

Thanks for the kind thoughts today. I really needed that. :-)

I'll be back.

PLO said...

Now, I may not be a wine drinker, but I drink...and there is nothing wrong with attaching wine to every post, or photo, or sentence. As an artsy-fartsy farthead...WELCOME, I know eventually we will brainwash all non-crafters eventually...wha-ha-ha-ha! Go Cavemen,and what a great sports team name!

PLO said...

Now, I may not be a wine drinker, but I drink...and there is nothing wrong with attaching wine to every post, or photo, or sentence. As an artsy-fartsy farthead...WELCOME, I know eventually we will brainwash all non-crafters eventually...wha-ha-ha-ha! Go Cavemen,and what a great sports team name!

Tracie said...

Very nice scrapbook!! Do you want to come to do mine. I'm only 15 years behind with only 3 1/2 to go.

Anytime you need my maxed out credit card just say the word and it's yours! I'm there for ya!

I guess i'm not the BFF since I didn't buy the house, but can i say we are BFs, so I know how to brag properly when the time comes.

Erin said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! Having the coach writh something was awesome, everyone of those other mothers is kicking themselves right now...you'll be the topic of several conversations this week. I know, that's not what it's about..you did great.

Lay off the cheap box stuff would you?

BBB said...

Wow SNJ!! I am very very impressed!! (Notice that was TWO verys) If the wine you drink got the creative juices flowing that well, then maybe you should have a little drinkeepoo of it every day. I hope that Wally is proud of that scrapbook.

I raise my glass (of water) to you!

Jane! said...

Junie, I'm SO dang proud! You did that like a real You-tahn!

I was relieved to see the Cavemen reference... I thought you had gone a bit off the table there with the neandrathal page. But, you know, football is KIND of like clubbing each other to death...

Lucky Wife said...

I'm begining to think you really are a June Cleaver, that scrapbook is great! Although I think it sucks that Tracie gets the BFF award, I know she offered you a maxed out credit card, but I actually sent football scrapbooking links to help the creative juices! ~sad face~

Kat said...

Well Holy Shit - how did I miss this? My only regret about blogger - it does NOT update my diva list correctly!

Smart move on your part June - sucking up to the coaches, you SCORED on all the other mom's with that one. They'll be talking behind your back for years to come!

I am actually impressed, not that it means much coming from a non-scrapbooking diva like me who has no idea what a scrapbook is supposed to look like.

The funny thing is, they are singing LOUDER than the radio and not embarrassed by it at all. Sure wish they'd go home soon because if I have to listen to one more mariacchi song I will dring a whole box of wine myself tonight...

Kat said...

Okay - I will finish DRINKING the box of wine I already started dringing, I mean drinking, oops...