Friday, February 20, 2009

Beaver and a girl, sitting in tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g

 

Beaver, the 15 year old, asked if he could go to a friend's house tonight to watch a movie.  Let me clarify - a girl's house.  I was completely fine with this.  Really.  Until.......he asked if he could come home after baseball tryouts and take a shower BEFORE going to her house.  Beaver is boy.  Therefor, Beaver smells.  Smells don't bother Beaver.  In fact, he can't smell himself.  Which amazes me.  Because, well, he stinks!  But now he's asking if he can shower his sweaty 'lil stinky self before he goes to watch a movie - with.a.girl. 

 

Do you think it's time we have "the talk"?

 

 

(Beaver, if you ever read this, know that I love you more than life itself.  Even if you are a bit odorifous at times, I still love you very much.  Please don't drag me on to Dr. Phil and tell the whole world about how you grew up to have no self-esteem because your mother was always asking you if you took a shower and remembered to put deodorant on.  Ok, honey?  I love you tons. xoxo)




How much wine can a mother drink - when she finds out her son is growing up - and not be considered a lush?  Ah to hell with it.  I'm about to have an 18 year old son in less than 8 days, I'll turn 40 in less than 7 months and now my baby is falling for a girl!   I guess it's safe to assume that 'ole June will be slushy-lushy for many more months to come.

8 comments:

Jane! said...

Slushy-lushy! ha!
I think it's exciting that he knows that he should take a shower before going to the girl's house. I think you should celebrate.... with some wine.

Shana said...

ahh the joys of growing up!!


reamshe is my verification word. hmm

Becca said...

Oh the joys of boys and their raging hormones. Definitely time for that talk and oh so many more. Just wait until she wants to come to your house!

tamilyn said...

If you find out the answer to that age old "how much till I'm a lush" direct an answer my way! I'm well on my way I am sure (as I sit here with a rum and cola at the computer). My oldest will be 18 in 6 days and my youngest has a guy friend over (not her boyfriend as he and the friend do not like one another)and are giggling up a storm in her room-door is open and I can see them both from where I sit. I don't know if there are enough bottles of wine...or rum, beer, vodka to get me through these years. Be happy he wants to shower, it will show her you taught him grooming. Tell him to be polite to her parents (I don't like the cocky boys that come visit my 2 girls). Ooops, time to refill the glass!

Tracie said...

Yea don't even go there until YOU have a 15 year GIRL that wants to go to the boys house to watch movies! It's tougher having the girl! And me....i'm sitting here with the girl & 2 (yea two-i'm lucky) 17 year old boys to whom I like to call Crusty pizza & scambled eggs - yes there's a story. I want them to leave so I can go to bed! I CAN NOT DEAL WITH THIS!!! Pass the damn tequilla!

Jenn said...

Def. time for the talk!

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

ok, so as long as I have to remind my kids to bath, brush their teeth and wear deodrant I'm ok. As soon as they start doing so with out asking, then it's time for "the talk" got it.

Kat said...

Uh, you might should have already had that talk and if your weren't such a slushy-lushy you might have had it by now...

My word verification is lush - SWEAR!