Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tell me, tell me, tell me

 

Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 17 days?  Please tell me yes.  Please.  Because if I actually do get my smile bright enough and my skin tan enough, what good is it going to do if I look 3 months pregnant in all of my vacation photos, huh?  So tell me - "Yes June, it is possible to lose 20 lbs in 17 days."  And then tell me exactly how....please.  I am a woman that needs directions.......

 

And for the love of Mary Kate and Ashley, don't tell me it isn't possible.  Close to the edge people.  I'm THIS close to the edge.  Don't push me. 8 days til graduation.  8 days! How is that possible? I just graduated not that long ago.  Really.  Let's see 2009 minus 1987, make the 0 a 10, minus 8, ummmmm 2 years ago, right?  WTH!  22 years ago!  Huh? Where has 22 years gone? My knees are starting to go a little weak. 

 

17 days til vacation.  How the hell did it get to be 17 days already?  I had a plan to lose a little at a time.  But let's just say that hasn't worked out and time got away from me and now I'm gonna look like a big 'ole beached whale in my Jacqueline Smith Kmart bathing suit - one piece, of course.  Ok I don't really have a bathing suit yet.  I'm in total denial about this whole weight thing.  Somewhere in the back of my little mind, there's a voice saying, "You'll lose that gut"  So why go try on bathing suits now and then just get depressed?

Really, why do that to myself.  Plus, it's so much fun to wait until 2 days before vacation to try and find a swimming suit - in a town with a population of 25,000.  oooo weeeee!  The choices. 

 

So, tell me....it is possible to lose 20 lbs in your mid-section and have killer toned abs, right?  Right?

12 comments:

Jane! said...

Geez Gina, stop freaking out. You can solve BOTH of your problems by getting one of those Its-a-miracle! swimsuits that squeeze you up so tight that you'll only need to drink half the usual margaritas.
They promise to cut your waist size by an inch but I think if you buy like four or five and layer them.... Ward won't even be able to find you. Which means you can sneak out for much shopping!

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

watch some late night tv, there is a belt that you can buy that you wear. and it does crunches for you while you lay on the couch and watch tv... I think you are only supposed to wear it for a few minutes a day, but you could just strap it on til the vacation...

Shana said...

Good luck with that. If you manage it, let me know, will you?? Pretty please?

Kat said...

Okay missy you want the honest truth? NO. And I can't seem to lose those 20 pounds no matter what I do. Thinking about wiring my mouth shut...

Oh and those miracle swimsuits that Jane mentioned - they don't do squat - paid a fortune for mine on the cruise and I still looked like a beached whale...

So did I make you feel any better?

Jenn said...

Whatever. Suck it up and suck it in--life's too short to stress about vacation--enjoy it! And think about all of us who have no vacation to take our guts on!

Becca said...

Oh relax. It could be so much worse. I am the fat chick and wore a bathing suit, in Hawaii, and had a wonderful time.

You are so beautiful. Go, relax, have a great time and have a wonderful vacation and I want pictures!

Texas Mammie said...

Wow. 20 pounds in 17 days. What aspirations you have. You probably could lose it, but that would mean eating nothing and drinking only water. No wine. Is it worth it? If you're like me, I need my wine. My family still lives because of wine.

Seriously, Hawaii? Cool.

xoxo
Dana

Bev said...

I want to know the same thing...
I really do! I don't have a vacation coming, but need to lose at least 20 pounds. Let me know what you find out.

Hugs!

Lorrie Veasey said...

Just popping by (nice place ya have here by the way) to let you know that Jane! from Emptying The Nest will be guest blogging tomorrow--and I know you will have missed her as much as I have.
Her guest post will be here:
www.ournameisblog.blogspot.com
please come and say hello to her-maybe we can get her to come back like blogging. Kind of like bringing a box of wine to the intervention.

Kat said...

So no Mexico update? WTH?

The Lady in Pearls said...

I came back to a pile of problems. Sold a home to a couple and the gas line nearly exploded after they moved in. Two other deals are causing me to drink - even more. And my husband is supposed to get a BIG promotion tonight. Been a little tied up Kat! But I will come back and update. Soon. Promise!

Vodka Mom said...

absolutely.


no problem.


I'm doing it myself.