Thursday, September 17, 2009

Prayers Answered

Thank you all for the prayers - they worked! Beaver found his key! Or, actually, Ward did. Anyway. It has been found and we are now the proud owners of two keys!

So......I'm headed to the motorcycle rally. .38 Special concert on Friday and Skynyrd on Sunday. (Kat, I'll be thinking of you when they play "Simple Man")

Now, for more prayers. Beaver is staying home. By himself. For the first time. Actually he's staying with his best friend. Whose parents are also out of town until Sunday. Yes. I have lost my everlovin' mind. This is Beaver we are talking about. And yes, I've decided he doesn't have to stay with his grandma. So.....prayers, please. We've been over the whole trust issue and how hard it is to get trust back once it's broken. He's a good kid. But he is Beaver after all! The child who just lost his key. And now, I'm leaving him for two nights by himself. With his best friend. So technically, he's not by himself. But has an accomplice. Great. Good thinking, June.

I can just hear it now:

"Where exactly where you, Mrs. Cleaver, while your son was pulling this
little stunt? A concert? Oh, two concerts??? With "your
friends"? Exactly how old are you, Mrs. Cleaver??? 40? Really?
Didn't anyone ever tell you it's time to grow up?"

I'm sure this will be a relaxing weekend!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Have you lost your every loving mind? Severely jealous of the concert going though and you better think of me when they play my song!

Becca said...

I am sure that the youngun will be just fine and dandy while you are away, and hey with who his dad is, is he really going to get into any trouble? ;-)

Tracie said...

There is no trust in this house when it comes to a 16 year old! But i'm sure he'll be fine. You posted all the emergency phone numbers? Right? Told the police where to find you, etc etc.

Okay, well have a good time anyway!

FreckledFireLily said...

We went to Cancun for 5 days and left our 16 year old at home. Well his grandma is two blocks away, and someone had to watch the three dogs. So, when I wasn't drinking margaritas or staring at the crashing waves on the beach, I wondered if our house had burned down while we were gone. Maybe one of the dogs got loose and got hit by a car. My imagination went wild, so I had to drink a Hurricane to make it be quiet. As it turns out, everything was fine. Enjoy the concert. It sounds like a blast!