Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saint Zita, Saint Zita, Saint Zita!

 

Do me a favor, please?  Whether you believe, or not.  Please, please, please say a little prayer to Saint Zita.  A certain 15 year old in our house lost his keys last night.  His ONLY set of keys.  Well, not his only set.  We have another key.  It just won't start his car.  See, I had a key made when we bought the car, but his key has a chip in it. The key from Hellmart?  No chip.  And so, it won't start the car.  Called the dealership.  They can make a key.  Whew!  $35.  Not bad!  But, they have to make 2.  Ok, $70.  Here's the kicker, I have to bring the car to them to program it.  Which means I have to have it towed.  $75, plus $35, plus $35.....and we are supposed to leave this weekend for a trip.  A well-deserved and needed trip for a certain 40 year old in our house. 

 

AND if the 15 year old doesn't find his key, a certain 42 year old will be looking to me as to why we don't have a spare key that works.  Because, after all, IT IS ALWAYS MY FAULT.

 

People, if I don't get to take this trip, there may be some blood shed this weekend.  So....if you don't mind, "Saint Zita, patron saint of lost keys, please help June so she doesn't lose her everlovin' mind" 

 

Thank you.  And somebody pass me a glass of wine.

 

PS The 40th was amazing and I have a story to tell.  I did get Wally off to college without having a total breakdown.  AND I did recover after Beaver made me wait in the waiting room while he had his physical - Mr. Bigpants all of a sudden doesn't need his Momma.  But that's fine.  I'm ok with all of this.  Really!  And I have pictures (not of Beav's physical!).  And a post to follow.  But first, keys people.  I need those damned keys!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Heavenly, Patron Saint Zita, please help Junie find her son's car keys and if you cannot, help her find a big ol' jug of wine. Amen

Becca said...

Patron Saint Zita, please grant my friends wish...or the blood that might be shed might be yours....just sayin'!

Tracie said...

Can't they make the key from the VIN number without actually seeing the car? Hope he finds them! His fault not yours!

Tracie said...

Oh PS Saint Zita, give one up for June, she needs it!! My God she is 40 & all!

DavidShag said...

Any chance there is another dealer around so you could get a second opinion? Sounds pretty smoky - have to make TWO??!! Forsooth! Not that you don't need two, but...