Friday, April 23, 2010

FYI

Just a little FYI for you on a Friday.....because I care about you people and think you should know.....

 

When you are worried to death dealing with the prospect of your husband being unemployed, and after you've paid Uncle Sam a butt load of your hard earned money in taxes, when you say, "It can't get any worse than this?"  Be VERY CAREFUL - don't even THINK this out loud.....because, as it turns out, in fact it can GET worse! 

 

I am the proud owner of a house with polybutylene plumbing!  And I will own this house for.the.rest.of.my.life!  It is damn near impossible to sell a house with PB plumbing in it because the sonofabitch leaks!  Ours has now leaked twice in the last 6 months.  Turns out that PB plumbing starts to fail 10 -15 years after it is installed.  Our house is 11 years old.  Lucky us. 

 

Guess we could go after the real estate agent that sold it to us!  But that would be yours truly.  OR, we could go after the insurance company - that won't cover the cost of replacing the plumbing.  But, then again, that would be yours truly, too. Yeah, I'm real popular in my house right now.

 

So, yes, it can, and in fact - if you are June Cleaver - IT WILL get worse!

 

Now someone pass me some gotdamned wine!

 

5 comments:

Shana said...

Ooo, sorry!!!

Becca said...

Here is a glass of whine and youch! So sorry to hear this, hope things start looking up for you soon!

Tracie said...

ugg! I was thinking about enjoying a beverage myself tonight.

Big Dog Mom Pam said...

Feeling your pain. I live in an 80 year old house and hold my breath on a daily basis waiting for something to fall apart . . . scoot over, I'll have some wine with you . . .

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

Never never Never say "it can't get worse" Haven't you learned anything from me and my year of chaos???
So Sorry... :(