Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What happens in Vegas......

Ok....so we didn't shrivel up and die.  The earth did not open up and swallow us both.  Although, many times over the last couple of weeks, I wished it had. This whole "retirement" thing has been an adjustment - for both Ward and I.  I know it's harder on him.  But this is my blog, so I get to detail how hard it is on ME!  Really, it hasn't been so hard on me.  It could be that I've switched from my drink of choice to salty dogs....something about vodka that just gives you this nice little idon'tgiveashitwhatyoupeoplearethinking feeling that I kinda like! Or it could be the fact that I have something to look forward to.  We are going to Vega$ people!  That's right.  My husband was just forced into early retirement and we are facing a $1000/month paycut and Wally is headed back to college in a few months, but what the hey? We're doing what any old, married couple would do - we're losing our freakin' minds!  And we don't care!  And this post already has way to many exclamation points in, but I don't care!  I am just so exclamated at this point! We've spent our lives doing what we were "supposed" to do and shit still happens.  So, might as well do what is fun!

 

So...I've never been.  Ward went once for training.  Took us for-ev-errrrrr to pick out a room.  I want this to be just right.  It's sorta a combination "happy forced retirement honey" & "twenty year wedding anniversary" trip all rolled into one.  I made a comment on Facebook about it taking longer to pick out a hotel than it did to name the boys.  Beaver took exception to this and has decided to pay us back by having a party while we are gone! The child had the gall to post it on Facebook.  All I have to say is if that child gives me any reason to blog about anything that happens while we are out of town, I will have to post it after his funeral.  In the famous words of Bill Cosby, "I brought you into this world and I can take you out"  And it helps that my best friend lives across the street!  You know? To keep an eye on them!  Not that they would do anything.  Not those teenage angels of mine!

 

We leave Thursday.  Can't wait.  Don't want to fly.  But I don't want to drive either.  So,flying it is.  I hear they serve vodka on the plane!  I'll tell you all about my adventures when I get back.  For those of you on Facebook, you'll know quicker than the rest about what happened in Vega$......wait, I forgot....what happens in Vega$, stays in Vega$!  Sorry, you'll just have to make up your own stories about what happened!

 

Bottoms up!

 

 

PS  I haven't really switched my drink of choice.  I did discover that I like vodka.  But once again, I have to keep the whole Irish heritage in check and can't drink that stuff too often lest I turn into a raging drunk.  Slushy lushy is ok.  But falling down drunk is not attractive on any 40 year old lady.

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Have fun! We haven't been forced into retirement, my car blew up thou, but for our twenty anniversary we...... um what DID we do......hmmmm it was just last month for crying out loud... oh ya, we bought the good meat, you know steaks, from the locker and grilled at home. We're happening people let me tell ya! You all have fun in Vegas and be sure to come back with all your vital organs! HAHAHAHAHA

Kat said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip, it is well deserved. For our 20th we went to Cancun, it wasn't so pleasant as I recall with the, um, tummy situation, but it was nice to get away. Enjoy yourself and remember the trick about sitting at the slots and throwing a quarter in every so often so they bring you free vodka!

Becca said...

Have fun and I want your facebook info!

Shana said...

I hope you are having fun!!!!!!!!!!!