Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We now return to our regularly scheduled program....

Ward is heading back to work.  Can I get a collaborative "Allelujah!" "Thank you Jesus" "Wahoo" "Cheers"!  Things will be getting back to "normal" in the Cleaver household and I can go back to whining about how close to the edge these housemates of mine push me!  Wahoo!

 

I have to say, 2010 will pretty much go down as the year that sucked - only to be trumped by the year 2006, oh and 2003...the year I lost my Mom.  I guess when you look back over it all....there's always humps and hurdles to go over.  And for the most part, after going through 2003, 2006 and 2010, I can handle those hurdles.  It's running into the brick walls that hurts so damned much.  I'm ready for the brick walls to be torn down.  I'm ready to get past the point where I end up on an episode of "Snapped!" for taking out the mayor and entire city council! Ready for the rollercoaster ride of mayhem that is my life to start back up.  I'M SO READY!

 

So.....this is Ward's last week of "early retirement".  Next week he will become an instructor for The$$Department$$of$$Homeland$$Security.  (Translation - we pay big bucks for you teach people to protect our borders, people on flights and the security of our nation; thereby allowing you to keep your wife in a constant supply of her favorite boxed vino! insert photo of June smiling here!)

 

But, before we go back to work....we're headed for a **carefree** weekend with 7 other couples to the annual motorcycle rally.  That's right!  8 couples+2 condos+16 different personalities-June's patience for people who can't seem to show up on time or contribute to planning a meal=lots of blogworthy material! Bring it on! We're leaving Friday.  Say a little prayer that yours truly, with her new sense of "I can handle life - don't sweat the small stuff", will not blow her top and leave The Princess behind when she doesn't arrive ON time to leave at the SCHEDULED time that we all agreed to! K? Now where did I put that box.......

Lovin' life again,

2 comments:

Becca said...

Hope that you have a fantabulous time, you so deserve it!

DavidShag said...

I am always amazed that behavior that hardly fazed me early in life drives me bonkers in (ahem) late middle age. Remember how everyone was pretty much OK in grade school, less so in high school and so on until now there are only about three people in the world whose company with all the idosyncrasies involved can be borne for more than an hour at most without the aid of drugs and/or alcohol? Whereas we ourselves remain a joy to all who encounter us? And isn't it astonishing that when we agreed to marry for better or worse, how we never thought 'worse' would mean at home together 24/7?