Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Phones.......

 

It's my phone week......need I say more?  Someday, someday....we'll hire an actual receptionist.  Until then - you get yours truly.  It has not been a good week.  So....I would ask that you refrain from calling and saying, "Um, ya, well I JUST missed a call from this number" and then want me to find out which of our employees just called you. 

 

stock-photo-photo-of-aggressive-secretary-shouting-into-phone-receiver-while-sitting-in-office-22190917

 

And while we're on the subject of phones....let me share a little text between myself and Beaver....

 

Me:  "Son, I bought some more of that pepperoni bread for you for after school" (He empties out the fridge every day after school!)

My expected response from Beaver: "OMG Mom!  I can't believe you remembered how much I loved that bread!!!!  And took time out of your lunch break to buy me some.  You are the greatest....ever."

Beaver's actual response: "K" 

 

Ok, maybe the exclamation marks were too much to expect.  But "K"....that's all?  I have to answer phones and my 16 - almost 17 year old - son won't get a little excited when his momma buys him pepperoni bread.  Fine then!

 

Be kind.  Pass me a glass please.....

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Tracie said...

"K" is teen for "Thanks mom, you're the greatest and I appreciate everything you do for me!"

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

and "whateve" means "I Love you" at least I pretend it does.

Becca said...

Aww, teen speak, just like tracie and lucky wife said. you are a most excellent mom!

Jane! said...

What an ungrateful little spawn! At least my little treasure writes 'K thx' when I give up half my life for her.
I took a hot picture of some fall ramekins at the Tarjay and was going to send it to you - you know to cheer you up cuz I heard about Barbara Billingsly and all - but then I realized that was kind of weak and what you really needed was liquor. So I took several pictures of a bottle of wine but I never got a really good one until the dang thing was empty and I thought that would just make you even more depressed. But, now I feel better. Howya been?

Kat said...

You mean your child actually responds to your texts? You must really be a special mom!

se3s2a said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

The Lady in Pearls said...

Looks Like I am going to have to go back to having my comments emailed to my phone.....I missed the comments you all left! And that just can't happen. Jane - send.photos.of.wine.please! Family holiday approaching and I NEED it!

And yes, whether they realize it or not I am an AWESOME mom! That's my story and if they drag me in to therapy....I'm stickin' to it!